The last quarter has been all about figuring out how to scale up our operations to be led by a community. To do this in a way that aligns with our values has been the challenge and as we move into March, we think we are in a great position to make that transition.
- Initiated the first Skills Camp!
- Engaged with Spacemakers in the effort to support this initiative in Brixton Village Market. Set up temporary home in the Transition Towns Community Shop to run our Skills Camps.
- Discovered that Sofia had been appointed as one of 15 London Leaders, following her nomination!
- Met Danone Communities, a deep community builder in Paris around the theme of Social Business.
- Found a wonderful new home for London Creative Labs, with an aligned community in Vauxhall.
- Ran the first UK-based training of Evolution Lounge: urban guerilla coaching meets peer-mentoring. It was a great success and we plan to do more!
- Facilitated the Economics Stream at Ecotopia.
- Spoke at the Institute of Chartered Accountants about redefining jobs and employment.
- Began a project to produce a brochure on Social Business typologies.
- Re-framed LCL 3.0 as addressing three themes: Job Creation, Business Model Innovation, and Distributed Process Literacy (skills of participation).
- Prepared the ground for LCL to move to transition to a community-led venture to deliver on LCL 3.0.